Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"We'll pray for you."

Well, today was crappy.

No, I take that back a bit. The inauguration was excellent. And my home teachers came over and they are splendid, and brought the Spirit. I needed the Spirit, because the rest of the day was crappy.

I went to the dentist.

I take good care of my teeth. I brush and floss all the time. But I've come away from a check up at the dentist only once without having a cavity. My average is about 2.5, but my highest is 6.

So, when I got kicked off of my parents insurance, I didn't go to the dentist. That would require cash money that I didn't have. Well, I had a filling fall out, and after about 10 months I found myself in the dentist's chair. He was poking around it there, and when he got to the side of my mouth that had been hurting, he hit something, pain shot from my tooth and tears rolled out of my eyes.

Yes, I cried.

He felt terrible and apologized profusely. Then he proceeded to tell me that I have 5 cavities.

No big deal, that didn't beat the record.

Then he tells me that all but one cavity are on two teeth that are already patched up pretty good. He says he doesn't feel comfortable just patching me up, he wants to put crowns on two of my teeth. So, the diagnosis is two crowns, one filling. Then I remembered I was a cash pay patient. They said each crown is $865. American dollars. I don't know where I'm going to find those dollars. I am beginning to think they don't actually exist.

So, I went home and cried.


Then, when I was leaving tutoring, I heard something squeaky happening with the wheels of my car. I went home, asked Dad to take a look, and he wants to take it to the shop tomorrow. Thankfully there is another car I can use for the day, but I'm worried that "squeaky" will cost a lot of money. A lot of money I don't have. A lot of money that needs to go in my mouth.

Ben Mallett is one of my home teachers and he asked if there is anything they could do. I said, "Yes, raise a lot of money, and then put it in my mouth, 'cause that's where I need it." Ben responded, "Um, we'll pray for you."



So, that was my day. It was rather lame and depressing. Although one good and funny thing did happen in my personal personal life, so I was glad about that. If you want to know what it is, you can call me.

3 comments:

The Popes said...

Sorry to hear about your crappy day! I will pray for you too! I love you and miss you!

Marissa of Ris C Handmade said...

I'm sorry. I hate going to the dentist, I am always so nervous about what they are going to find. We will pray for you too!

Tara said...

That does suck...didn't I tell you about how I had to have crown put on a couple of months ago...of course before my dental insurance through school kicked in. I have the dentist too! I always, always seem to have something wrong. BOO. I'm sorry you had a crapy day.