Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 6, 2009

Today was a sweet awesome day. Thank you January 6, 2009. And thank you God.

Today we went to Montana de Oro and it was splendid.



Mom and Pops enjoying the view:

And then I joined them!
So, Mary's birthday is tomorrow, and her dear mother was able to fly in to celebrate. You can tell this is Mary and her mother by the matching amount of hair.



Hey wait a minute! Check out those awesome boots!


For Christmas I got some new hiking boots and this was their first adventure. I hadn't even really worn them around the house since I got them, so I thought a trip along the bluffs would be a good first outing. I was right. It was a great outing, and my feet love my boots, and my boots love my feet. Not a blister in sight! I even did a little jogging in them! Wicka wicka!

Okay, so the whole experience was wonderful. I love the calming effect the ocean has on me. I love the sea breeze as it brings the ocean spray up to my face. You walk out on some of the bluffs and it feels like you are all alone, in the middle of the sea, experiencing the glory and majesty of this earth. When I'm out there, I feel calmer. I feel safe. I feel my soul searching and reaching out to God. It's automatic. This always happens when I'm in nature. I love that.

I need more nature.



So, while we were out there, we saw a few surfers. I thought they were crazy, as I view all the rocks at Montana de Oro a deathtrap, but whatev.

So the first video was his longest ride, although I was busy watching him in real life that my camera was a little ahead of him.

We moved along the bluff a little and had better lighting for his second, shorter ride. You'll notice his buddy joining him in the end.





5 comments:

Marissa of Ris C Handmade said...

I know exactly what you mean about the ocean. I love going and I hope that we can eventually move closer so that Audrey and any future children of ours will be able to exerience it and grow up with it like we did.

I am so jealous of you guys right now. It just keeps snowing and snowing today. I'll put some pictures up of it soon on my blog.

Tara said...

Lovely pictures of a lovely day on the coast. I need more beach times, I just love the calming effect of the ocean. Tell Mary happy birthday for me.

Jodie said...

I must learn to surf!

Kylie said...

I love nature, too. I really do. But the ocean definitely does not make me feel safe--I like to look at it, but I never want to be in the middle of it.

My body automatically runs away from the ocean even when my mind says, "Look how beautiful and majestic!" It happened the last time I attempted snorkeling.

These are great pictures. I want to go to there.

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow I can't believe how clear it was out there. It is absolutely beautiful,