Thursday, January 15, 2009

Going Green

I got a calendar for Christmas. I'm pretty stoked about this. It's a "Go Green!" desktop calendar.

It's the kind that has a page for each day. At the end of the day, you get to tear off the page. I love this because I love finishing things and then being through with them. I love to polish off a chapstick, I love to run out of ink in a pen, I love to turn my conditioner upside down for days to get the last bit out of it. Tear-off calendars are right up my alley. I've never had a tear-off calendar before, and the only thing I'm not a fan of is the fact that it creates a lot of waste. This is interesting because this calendar will tell you a different way you can "Go Green!" every day. I have yet to find the advice, "Support products that create less waste." Instead, I read Friday's tid-bit, "Start a community walking group."

I don't get it.

Anyway, the first page gives a brief synopsis of what you will find in the days to come. It says some stuff, and then at the very bottom, in italics, it says, "Share your calendar pages with family, friends, and coworkers."

Ha. Yeah right. This is as far as it goes, calendar. I like how they threw that idea on there at the last minute. A higher pass-along rate would make them look more eco friendly, I am sure.

2 comments:

Marissa of Ris C Handmade said...

Paul and I currently have 4 almost empty lotion bottles that we have not thrown away because we are convinced that there is some way that we can get that last bit of lotion out. Flipping them upside down does not work because they have pumps on the top. Any ideas now that you are a pro at being green?

Myriah Cohen said...

I don't know if my calendar will shed any light on the issue, but Dad will cut off the tops of Aveno bottles to make the lotion more accessible. Just cover it up or transfer it to another reusable bottle that you have.
I am uncertain what kind of tool father has used for this task.