Sunday, January 4, 2009

House Elves


Where do house elves come from?

They are magical creatures, sure, but I don't know anything about how they reproduce. Most house elves lead solitary existences. They are bound to their wizard families, and don't leave to go date other house elves, as far as I know.

BUT-if I am remembering correctly, the Most Noble House of Black has had many house elves in the same line over the generations. How is that possible?

This has been bothering me for a long time.

2 comments:

Tyler Ball said...

Two options: 1 - the noble house of black had more than one at a time and in-bread their own.
2 - hogwarts is the sole supplier of house elves due to their abundant supply and their ability to come and go as they please

Tara said...

I think tyler has a good point. I think however that creature’s cupboard in the noble house of black once housed more than one house elf and that's how the line continues. I think it will remain a mystery unless someone writes JK and asks.