Friday, November 28, 2008

Watching the Sunset

So, I was going through my posts to work on some drafts I had saved. I noticed I had saved a post with only the words, "I think" which was bound to be brilliant, I'm sure, but more importantly I found this whole post, basically ready to be posted. The pictures aren't in their usual center format, but whatev.

I had completely forgotten about this event.
The following was dated August 8, 2007, 3:43 PM:



I spent some time with my friends last Sunday, under the pretense of watching the sun set.
Unfortunately, when we got there, it looked like this:



Everyone decided it was still a good idea to head off to the beach, even though it looked spooky and the fog was thick around us. We climbed down and took our hike under the Eucalyptus. Unfortunately, our hike led us away from those trees and into a crazy world of stinging nettle, poison oak, overgrown bushes and cobwebs.

Okay, I made up that part about cobwebs, but I was sure I was going to run into some at any moment.

At last we made it to the beach where we found more fog, high tide, and something that smelled horrible, which must have been attracting all the flies that attacked us.

It turns out the beach we went to was called Hazard Canyon.

No joke man, no joke.

2 comments:

Usandthings said...

I miss Hazard. Did you know that the spot was named after Mr. Hazard and not the ominous trees/fog/stinging nettle? It's amazing the things you learn about at the ranger station.

Myriah Cohen said...

Where is the ranger station? Is it the one for the Montana de Oro campground? Or is there another one?