Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fabulously Successful Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving, the family participated in a 8 mile run and two mile walk.
Well, to be specific, Brandon participated in the 8 mile run, and the rest of us participated in the two mile walk.

It appears we are going the wrong way...



We set out with the rest of the group at a pretty good pace. The most short legged children were tucked away into the Cougar and the adults and Elle were making good time.

But then we found a leaf.


And it just so happened that we needed some leaves for our Thanksgiving table decorations this year. Then, about two minutes into the walk, Wade needed to get out of the Cougar and run. He ran the remaining first mile. Running usually speeds things up, but seeing how he's only 20ish months old, it kinda took awhile.



And then I found this cool thing growing from the trees we passed. I have no idea what it is, but it makes a lovely Thanksgiving picture. I love California.


And then
, I found a spider about to enjoy his Thanksgiving feast! Spiders give me the heebeegeebees, but I braved through it to capture this great shot.



So, 50 minutes later, we crossed the finish line. That's right. Two miles in 50 minutes.
Ten minutes later Brandon came across the finish line.
I'm glad we didn't have to wait long for him.





After the race it was time to go set the table! Woot woot! I love it!

Because our white rose bush is obsessed with blooming, even at the end of November, I decided to make good use of those pretty blooms and I put them on our table.


I got that vase at a giant garage sale. I just wanted you to know that.

And now, a gazillion pictures of my Thanksgiving tables:






We were watching football in the background. Can you see it?






The Thanksgiving Grouse.
And Grandma.

It was a fabulously successful Thanksgiving. I'd be willing to do it again next year.

2 comments:

Usandthings said...

Wait, that thing on the table is the Thanksgiving Grouse or is Gma the Thanksgiving Grouse? Also, next year, I'm going to hire you to decorate our table. Where did you put all the food?

Myriah Cohen said...

Oh, the last picture is of the Grouse, I just happened to get Grandma's head in there as well. Can you spot her? It's kind of like an I Spy thing.