I like gifts. And, in case you wanted to prove your friendship by getting me something for Christmas, I have a few ideas, in no particular order:
1) A calendar. As you may know, I take comfort in many calendars, so feel free to purchase all you want. If you can manage to get Gary Larson out of hiding long enough for him to produce a Far Side wall calendar, I will promise to be your best friend. Unless I don't actually know you, then there will be an initial trial period before I make any commitments. And, not to be too picky, but I don't particularly like anything cute of cuddly on my calendars. Or lame-stick. Scenery type things are usually good. Or funny. And pay special attention to the fonts.
Okay, never mind with all that, just surprise me.
2) A letter opener. Right, you are surprised that no one has yet to purchase the Gryffindor letter opener. I am just as surprised as you are. I'm borderline shocked, actually.
3) A CamelBak reservoir dryer. I just don't think the old dryer that I have is very efficient.
4) Books. I simply adore books. I love how they look on the inside, and I love how they look on the outside.
5) Stemware. I'm really looking for a set of eight.
6) Office supplies. I love pens, highlighters, sticky notes and paper clips. I do. I really do love them.
7) Stationary. Not lame-stick stationary. Cool stationary.
Well, that list should be sufficient for your shopping needs. If you want to just mail the items straight to me from the manufacturer, that is fine. I'll keep my eye out for the UPS guy.