Saturday, October 4, 2008

"So, what have you been up to?"

Well it happened again.

And because it happened again, I have decided that any time I go to the video store, I must look good, unless it was obvious that I had just been working out.

I saw two people from high school last night. Not just any two people, but people that I have spent many an hour with in band. People whose opinions I value. But did I look good? No.

At least I was dressed.

See, the thing is, whenever I feel like getting a movie, I'm usually always practically ready for bed. This means face washed, in pajamas, just running to the video store really quickly. Oh, and hair all willy-nilly. My hair is usually willy-nilly in events such as these. And somehow, somehow, I always see someone from high school. Always.

This happens in other areas of my life as well. I usually see someone I went to high school with come into my work about once every two weeks. On the days that I just roll out of bed are usually the days that I see one of my classmates. So, about a month ago, I decided on a more concentrated effort to get completely ready before work. I find this is a hassle sometimes, but always worth it in the long run. It's better to be prepared, I think.

Anyway, I'm a little upset by this. Mostly because I don't want to get re-dressed to get a video, and also because when I see someone from high school, the question "So, what have you been up to?" always arises.

What am I suppose to say to that?

I better have something great to say because they are probably thinking, "Man, she has really let herself go. Can't even get dressed to go to the video store."

2 comments:

Tara said...

LOL. Seriously...that always happens to me too. I'm not sure how it works. You could say you graduated from college! That's great. You work in a doctors office and are job hunting. I think you have a lot more going for you than you think.

Claire said...

Tell people you moved home while you search for a job in your field, so you can help look after your aging grandmother.
That shows that you've graduated from college, you're only home temporarily, and you're altruistic.