Friday, October 31, 2008

I can can.

Before we leave October, I feel I should mention that I had my first experience with canning.
Mother bought a lot of pears, and we got to business. I was surprised to find that it was extremely easy. It wasn't a hard process at all. You just need a lot of gadgets and gizmos.

I think I thought it was a difficult process because home-makers can, and they do other difficult things like watch after their children and also bake things. (Baking isn't entirely that difficult. The difficult part is getting over the waste of time that I feel it is because the result of baking is almost always something that is bad for you.)

Anyway, my eyes have been opened. I can can. I can can if I want to.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

You'll have to teach me to can. I'd like to can too. Can we can together? Someday, I hope so!

Usandthings said...

I never knew you didn't can. My mother canned when I was little but it was a mysterious process with a big black cauldron. My first adult canning process came, like so many of my firsts, with a trip to the Mallett house. They made applesauce during conference one October, and I too found it to be very easy. I've canned applesauce, tomatoes, cherries, and millions of peaches since. I'm so glad you've come to join us.