Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Book

Mother and I were at the breakfast table this morning, and she asked if I saw the presents under the tree. (I may or may not have made a big deal about how there weren't any presents under either of the Christmas trees, and what is up with that?!)

I immediately went to inspect them, and determined they were books for the Grandchildren. I asked about them, and Mom picked them out, but they were funded by G-ma. Mom said, "I even read one of Elle's chapter books. It was really great! I laughed out loud a few times."

"Aahh, I wish I could read it!

"Yes, it's a good one, and I think there are lots of discussion topics."

"Oh man, I wish it wasn't wrapped."

And then Mom got up, went over to the tree, and proceeded to unwrap the present.

I read it this morning, and I really liked it. I would tell you what it is, but what if Elle reads this blog? I don't want to ruin the Christmas surprise.

No comments: