Thursday, February 10, 2011

Garfield Park Conservatory

Last weekend I went to the Garfield Park Conservatory with my friend Tamry. That Saturday was filled with glad tidings.

The first is the discovery of the Sacred Fig Tree. I've been looking for a Sacred Fig Tree for awhile.


Second was warmth. I don't know if you know, but Chicago is cold. Wicked cold. But the Conservatory was so warm. So, so warm. Sigh. I'm going back in a few days to experience the warmth. And the Sacred Fig Tree.


Third, flowers! Blossoms! Blooms! I couldn't believe my eyes! Coming from California, I have a high nature requirement, and I feel my eyes and soul have been starved for beauty these past few weeks. It felt good to see and feel the green again.


Fourth, this picture was taken from a bench. Which means it's basically the perfect spot for my future husband to get down on one knee. It meets all the requirements: warm, semi private, beautiful, with thick foliage all around so Tara can hide in the bushes, recording the whole exchange and also be close enough to sing back-up when my future husband croons his "will you marry me" song.


Fifth, The International Domino League. I spied this store front on the way from the Conservatory. The International Domino League? Who knew there was such a thing? You probably did. You are probably a member of your local chapter.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the part about Tara! I want to come to Chicago to go to all of these places. If you did not know we don't have that many cool museums to visit that are close by.

Tara said...

I love the part about me too! I dont think your engagement would be for real if I wasn't there to sing backup...plus we can play some dominos on our way. :) Love it.