Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chicago Christmas

Ever since returning to Chicago from Thanksgiving in Missouri, I've been going full force to celebrate Chicago Christmas before I left for a California Christmas. On the list: Macy's.


I had to explore their window displays, and more particularly, explore their awesome take on "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus."

You see, Virginia decided to go to the library to learn all she could about Santa Claus. Recognizing that Virginia had a good idea, I decide to select a book too.


That same day I attended Christkindlmarket, as evidenced by these photographs. 



Baked apple deliciousness. It was so supremely good, I've started a countdown to Christkindlmarket 2011. 



Chicago lights up Michigan Avenue with a Lights Parade every year, and being a resident of Chicago, I felt it my duty to attend. I went with my friend Tamry, and we got a few pictures of the river before the lighting.




For you Trump fans, I give you Trump Tower. Apparently (enter extreme vagueness) the guy who was the son of the guy who was the guy that The Pursuit of Happyness was made about (don't be confused, it's not Will Smith) lives on the floor right above the part of Trump Tower where it gets smaller.

Phew. That story was confusing, but totally worth it.


If it didn't take three buses to get there, I would totally use this mail box all the time. If you want to use it, you simply have to go to the Museum of Science and Industry.


A bit north of Chicago is the Baha'i Temple.  It's basically awesome.


 

While the last few photos didn't have anything to do with Chicago Christmas, I have been dying to share them with you, and now looked like the perfect time. It seems as though the present is always rather perfect.

No comments: