Monday, February 2, 2009

The thing about having a birthday at the beginning of the month is that it always sneaks up on me. Sure, it's only once a year, but it still gets me. People want to discuss my birthday before it's even February. What's that about? I get so confused. I will be happily in January, and someone will say, "So, any plans for your birthday?" and I will think, "Um, my birthday isn't until February. Why we gotta think about it yet?" But, in reality, it's right around the corner. If you don't think about it before the month turns, then you will be right on top of my birthday and hardly even know it.

I think that is why I enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas. Both of those holidays are so comfortably settled down into their respective months that I have plenty of time to anticipate them during the month. But with my birthday, you hit February, and then BAM! There it is! No dilly-dallying. We are having a birthday, and we are doing it now!

I'm not saying I don't like the location of my birthday. (Well, I am sort of, but that is not the point.) The point is I'm just a little unnerved with the suddenness of it all.


In other news, I am caught up on my Netflix, I have had my nails painted black, removed the black, and have moved onto bright blue. I think I will take a break after this, and then maybe, maybe hit up a bright pink or red closer to Valentine's Day, but maybe I don't want to. I can never decide if I want to support Valentine's Day, and if I do, to what extent.

No comments: