Sunday, February 3, 2008

The month of free stuff

I don't know if you know, but i am a member of my local Curves gym.
I was pretty hesitant to join at first, mostly because of all the old ladies i imagined to be there. But mom persuaded me, and now she and i get to work out together with the old ladies. It is a pretty great circuit training workout. I really like it. Curves also has a very positive environment. Everyone knows everyone. At fist i was pretty sure i didn't like that idea, but now i think it is great. Each complete workout is 30 minutes, and they keep track of how often you come. To help build motivation, at every hundred mark that you pass, you get a t-shirt. Well, i had just passed my 50th workout, and thought that was pretty cool even without a shirt, but realized it was way cooler because i got a free old school water bottle!


It is my plan to keep this water bottle forever and when my kids go out to play football or something, I'll say, "Honey, you'll need to take some water!" and hand them this ridiculous water bottle, and they will hate it. And when they try to lose it, i will tell them all about how much that bottle means to me, and how i had to go to Curves 50 times to get it, and that they probably can't even count to 50.
I think it's a pretty solid plan.

Later on in the week of the water bottle, i went to Curves, and they were having a friendly game of "who can toss this light ball into that basket really far away" and i did it! I got to choose between a few prizes, but came away with this nifty magnet:
It looks like i can pop that middle heart out and use the remaining purple part as a picture frame. Brilliant.

Also at Curves, they weigh and measure you each month. The person who has lost the most is the Top Loser of the month, and they get their name in a very prominent position. I walked into Curves the other day and found out the Top Loser was me! WOW! I had no idea! I also had no idea that when you are the Top Loser, you get a free t-shirt! Who knew?!
Not me.
Not me at all.

4 comments:

Usandthings said...

I so go to the wrong gym.

Jodie said...

Way to go on the Curves All-Star team. I think at our house we are going to start giving away crazy things to our visitors

Kylie said...

Wow, I am so proud. This is an amazing feat. And a free t-shirt?! WOW!!

Tara said...

YES WAY TO GO...and just so everyone knows it really is a great T-shirt up close.