Monday, July 27, 2009

Tacos for Breakfast

"Your dentist's name is Crentist?"

Today I had an appointment to get my crown prep and also get a filling refilled. Yes, another one. I feel like I have had a lot of fillings fall out in the past four years. I always wondered about the expected life span of a filling, and it turns out that one was seven years.

I got that filling the year I graduated high school.

And now it's gone.

Sigh.

I'm sure that means there will be a change in my life soon. A new filling for a new era, eh?


Well anyway, my trip to the dentist was great. I commented on some new additions to the office. I was told I was the first patient to comment on the improvements. I chatted it up with the receptionist, found out how her dog was, and the woman holding the vacuum (the kind that sucks up spit) asked me how I accomplished such great eyebrows. I got five pages read in my book, and I have an appointment in two weeks to come back for the real crown.

All in all it was a great trip.

Unfortunately half of my mouth is completely sore, and tonight was taco night.

I dearly love taco night. I'm sad to have missed it.

I guess I'll just have to have tacos for breakfast.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Now I want tacos! Oh, tacos. I miss tacos. It's been so long.

I don't like to think about how I graduated high school 7 years ago. That makes me feel old. And I never wanted to feel old at 25.

Thanks for bringing it up...

Tara said...

Me too I love tacos...yummy. Glad your dentist visit was a good one. We should have a taco night before I leave to go back to school.