Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Friends

I went to Reno this weekend to visit my friends.

A few people have asked me what my favorite part of the trip was, and quite honestly it was Kylie, Mike, and Skylar.

It was absolutely wonderful to remember that I actually have friends. It was so nice to be able to just be myself, without worrying about anything. I didn't have to pretend anything, I didn't have to hold back anything, I didn't have to give up anything, I could experience my most extreme highs and lows and I'll still be liked. I can simply exist with my friends without having to perform or cater to a certain mindset or attitude.

It was great.

In my current social situation with the ward here I feel like I'm always trying. It's tiring and frustrating. This weekend with my home-slices came at the perfect time. It was rejuvenating, and gave me hope for the future.

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Hear, hear! I agree with this wholeheartedly. It was great timing for me as well. I'm glad you felt like you could just be you, because we were just we.

I mean, you polished off the Lucky Charms and no one even cared! And if we had cared, we probably would have just been like, "Hold up! That ain't cool!" and you would have been like, "Too bad, I just took the last bite!" Then we would have gone on with our day.

That's what friendship is all about.

I can't promise Mel will be here next time, but we can always hope for warm weather, right? And probably a kitchen that smells like celery.