Thursday, December 15, 2011

Halloween, In All Its Forms


Ahh, February. It is a great month, seeing how I was born in it. And apparently, a bunch of other people call February their own as well. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that I have finally decided to post about Halloween. It's a really scary holiday, and I was simply afraid to post about it. But, right after the holiday of love, I felt like I was strong enough to post about something so scary. So here she is. 


I don't know if you remember, but last year at Halloween is when I really became friends with Hope and Diana. This year, Diana was in India or Indiana (I can't remember which) so Hope and I took a pic in memorial of our Christmas mugs at Halloween festivities of yesteryear. 


Wendy was gracious enough to host Halloween 2011, which included chili, carmel apples, apple cider, white chocolate candy corn bark, and amazing corn bread. 




While I was at my party, I received two texts from my family. 
Mother is all ready for her Halloween party, 


and Bryn is hopped up on sugar, and Torah seems to feel exactly how I do about getting dressed up. 


On the actual Halloween day, I was lucky enough to celebrate however I wanted. First I enjoyed some artwork, 


Then Hope and I had soup in bread bowls. And, they were fresh bread bowls. It's how life should be.




We took a walk around a cemetery and tried to pretend that we knew stuff about cemeteries. 


We did, however, find the tree that Boo Radley used in To Kill a Mockingbird.




And we were also fortunate enough to stumble upon The Lake of Shining Waters. 




We finished off our day with a little short story, which seriously was the best Halloween book I've read in a long time. You should probably put it on hold at your local library. Yeah, it's that good. 


No comments: