Saturday, June 26, 2010

Changes

Obviously, I've changed the template on my blog. This is a long time coming. I've known in my mind that I should always keep things fresh, but my heart and stomach couldn't, well, stomach it.

When I started this blog in 2007, I chose the design that was the least used and the one that seemed to suit me. There was no way I was going to have that dot template. Do you remember that thing? It was too popular. I couldn't do it. Anyway, soon all sorts of templates seemed to surface from the heart of a True Scrapbooker. These Scrapers had TONS of blog templates with a million layers. Not only did it take forever to download, but if I chose one of those designs, then my blog would have to look like a scrapbook.

BLACH!

Yup, that's how I feel about that. Blach. I'm not a Scraper, and I'm not a Scraper poser, so there was nothing left to do but maintain my original Blogger template.

And then, on Sunday, June 20, 2010, everything changed. I noticed a link to change the look of my blog. These templates were very tantalizing to me. They were fresh. They were clean. They downloaded quickly. And best of all, they didn't look like a scrapbook. There were so many to choose from! While I was just looking around, a thought kept popping up in the back of my mind. I knew that once I changed, I would never be able to go back. That template would no longer be available to me. This, of course, is a huge risk.


I like the new look of my blog. However, I feel the scrolling capability isn't up to par. This could be a deal breaker.

No comments: