Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Pumpkin and the Midnight Affair

While planting our garden, Mother came across two pumpkin seeds. She decided to plant them in a random bit of dirt in one of our flower beds, and one of the seeds did very well. I was excited about the prospect of a home grown pumpkin for Halloween.

On Saturday, I came home to this:

What?


That's it? It's just done growing? Did we have an earthquake that caused the pumpkin to be torn from it's umbilical cord? Why is it on the step? AND, why is it shaped so funny?


I don't know. I don't know any of the answers to my questions. I do know, however, that my nail polish is one week old and still looking great.


2 comments:

Kylie said...

Hahaha! I love this post. I love that none of my (your) questions are answered, but I still leave feeling great because of the ever-enduring Midnight Affair!

Will I ever learn the fate of this pumpkin, if that's even what it is? Nobody knows. But at least that Revlon will live on in chipless/fadeless glory!

Tara said...

Wow that's fabulous...I wish I knew the answers...I wish it was me that had placed the pumpkin on the step...oh goodness, that mani is completely chip proof! Way to go Revlon.