Friday, August 14, 2009

Flaw in the Texting System

While everything is burning up in California this weekend, I would like to turn our thoughts to something less important, but equally troubling.

Friday afternoon I received a text message from a randomish contact asking if I wanted to go bowling.

My initial reaction is no, no I do not want to go bowling. I never want to go bowling. Thank you though.

Now, was this a personal invite, or was I part of a list of 20? If I was on the list of 20, I could easily blow it off. I could safely ignore that text.

But what if that person was reaching out to me? What if that person just wanted some Myriah Time, and I ignored the plea?

Obviously, there is a flaw in the texting system. I suggest an alert on the text to inform you if it is a mass text. This way, I can respond appropriately.

Well, until they fix this problem, Myriah Time requests must be made by mail, email, phone or personal invitation only. No texts. It's too confusing.

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Well. This is one of those things.

The only time my phone has ever mass texted was when I had my kid and Mike texted everyone from my phone to announce this achievement. I mean, this blessed event.

Elizabeth said...

I second this idea.

Tara said...

I have never mass texted...I'm not sure I could even do it. I agree it would be nice to have notice on a text showing if it was a group text....maybe we should send around a petition to the cell phone companies.