Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

My home is situated on a small piece of property. Our neighbors are really very close.

As a kid, I never quite realized this, even though we were always climbing the fence to fetch the balls that flew over into the neighboring properties.

But, now I've figured it out, and I also figured out that I don't mind it much.

The reason, I think, is nature.


It is a glorious Sabbath afternoon. I have all the doors and windows open. As I move through the house, each view is one of nature. Sure, I see some buildings, but mostly I see nature.

I see trees and branches and leaves. I see bushes and plants and flowers. I see grass and soil and pebbles. I see the sunlight bouncing and dancing on anything it can find.

I hear the trees rustle in the breeze, I hear the birds chirping.

The birds, by the way, seem always to be chirping.

And, if I listen hard enough and imagine that it is 1995, I will be able to hear the creek as it rushes along.


I just wanted you to know that it is beautiful here.


I just checked again, and it is so green and bountiful.

I suppose I also wanted to give a shout out to everyone who helped to make each view from my home filled with nature.

It brings great comfort to my soul.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Kylie said...

What Mike and I want to know, though, is how are the peanuts?