Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

There is one thing I've been dying to experience in Chicago: the dyeing of the river. (Pun unintended. If you thought it was intended, please take that intent of intention right out of your mind. Thank you.)


So apparently they sprinkle some orange powder in the river which turns yellow and then green. I suspect Tang. 



This is the stirring boat. It came along and zig zagged and swooshed and swirled to get the Tang all mixed up and looking like green jello.


Green jello. Delicious. 



Happy St. Patrick's Day! We happened along these fellows, so how could we not stop and take a pic? They were basically asking for it, however they seemed genuinely surprised that we wished to take our picture with them. Duuuh. When you go to Disneyland, you take your picture with all the characters, right? Right. Same concept.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

That was amazing. Completely amazing and I'm glad you documented it for all of us...NOT in Chicago!

Kylie said...

Jodie, that is the first word I thought. AMAZING! I love it and I love that you are there to experience it. You are Irish, after all.

Those guys are the best!