Saturday, January 29, 2011

Yo-Yo and Escalators

I live in Chicago, so naturally I get to do cool things. For example, today I went to the Chicago Cultural Center and listened to Yo-Yo Ma play. For free. It was phenomenal.  I just had to show up. Do you see him? He's the one in the middle.


On my way there, I saw this sign:

 

That sign really didn't help me. I should have had a personal sign that said, "Beware of escalators."
Seriously, every escalator I encountered today (about 8) tripped me up somehow. Some would literally trip me, on others I would lose my balance, on one I didn't see the end coming... you get the idea. It was a major fail. But Yo-Yo was amazing, and just so charming, so it was a good day, despite the escalator issue.

3 comments:

kylie waldron said...

Oh my goodness....I just have to tell you how jealous I am of you getting to see Yo-Yo Ma. I'm out of this world jealous. Oh and sorry about the escalators, they sure like to get ya sometimes.

Kylie said...

Also, you will master the escalator some day, little grasshopper! You really do get to do cool things in Chicago. I was cool when I was 2, because when I was 2 I lived in Chicago.

Hey, who is Kylie Waldron? You have another Kylie friend?! And her last name is the same last name as my sister's last name?!?! It's like she's me, but married to my brother-in-law. Don't let Mike find this comment thread.

Tara said...

That is awesome! The coolest thing about you living in Chicago is not only do they have cool things to do...but you do them. Man, Yo-Yo Ma, that's so cool that you got to see him for FREE!!!!He looks like a charmer in the pic.Lucky.
PS. I'm worried about this falling ice thing...is there ice falling from the sky in sharp chunks?