Friday, November 16, 2007

Death by Job Boards

I am so tired.
I applied to 15 jobs today. All online of course. The most exciting part about the monotony is when you get an email that says they have received your application. So I received quite a few emails today, which made me feel good. Another thing that makes me feel good is when i come across job descriptions like this:

Rapp Collins Worldwide New York is looking for a Copywriter with the exceptional ability to come up with big ideas and the talent for making off-hand pop cultural references. Experience working in all mediums such as direct mail, print and interactive is a plus. A solid understanding of independent music and Japanese films is required (along with DTC pharmaceutical experience). Must also demonstrate the ability to wear black clothing without looking too Goth.

Resume and URL or PDF (2 MB or smaller) should be sent to nyhr@rappcollins.com with “ New York Writer” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. AA/EOE.
I definitely applied. I mean, i have great skill in black-dressing, believe all music should be independent, and i can always Google what DTC pharmaceutical means.
I'm a shoe-in.


1 comment:

Tara said...

Although I had already heard about this from our conversation earlier today I was checking out your blog tonight and read this out loud to my Mom...she thought it was a joke.