Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Probably Robots

Today I determined that it was time for me to ride the bus whilst listening to my iPod. I was taking a relatively well known route and felt confident that I wouldn't miss my stop. So, like a cool kid, I put my ear buds in and pressed play. Suddenly, something happened! I heard music! Wonderful, dancing, shout the chorus music! I couldn't keep my legs from keeping the beat. My head simply refused not to sway to the rhythm. The music possessed me! I loved it. But during all this joy, however, I felt like I was doing something wrong. The cool kids never move to their music. I've never seen even one person bopping to their jamz. I took a discrete look around, to see if anyone with ear buds had the music flowing through to their feet.
Nope. Not one.

What are these people listening to? Are they listening at all? Maybe they are robots, because I don't think a human could avoid dancing to the music of their choice. People get to choose what they listen to, so why does everyone look so bored and depressed?

I know you are itching to know what showed up on my iPod.

Lollipop by Mika
Check Yes Juliet by We the Kings 
Pickup Man by Joe Diffie
Mood Rings by Relient K
Save the Last Dance for Me by Michael Buble

You try listening to those songs, and see if you don't want to dance.
If you don't, then you are probably a robot.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Love Check Yes Juliet & Mood Rings. Now I have to go listen to those songs :), thanks!

Elizabeth said...

When I was riding the bus last summer all the time I listened to "Wait Wait Don't tell me" So I wasn't moving to any music but I did laugh out loud pretty often. What's worse, boppin' to your music or occasionally laughing out loud? Usually people that just laughing aloud randomly are crazy...like the lady from "Hands on a Hard Body"...she was off her rocker...

Claire said...

that was the joy of the lord, liz.